Articling Student Position: 2023
We are hiring an articling student to join our team. The successful candidate will be working in a busy immigration practice, will receive mentorship and supervision to work on a range of immigration matters.
- You will be working on permanent and temporary residence applications, as well as immigration appeals and judicial review applications
- Conduct legal research
- Have the opportunity to interact directly with clients and assist them application forms, document reviews, finalizing applications and hearing preparation
- Carry files, organizing and managing the application process
- Drafting and editing legal documents, such as affidavits, legal arguments, and application submission letters
- And other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have studied immigration and refugee law in law school, or have some experience in this area. Excellent writing and advocacy skills are required as the candidate will be expected to work on complex legal submissions.
- Completed law degree and looking for articling student placement
- Superb communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Value teamwork, but can also work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work late sometimes to meet various deadlines
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
Email application to email@example.com.
Starting Time: January 31, 2023
Duration: 10 Months